We are seeking a motivated individual to join our company as a Shipping /Receiving & Inventory Clerk. As part of the Wirefab team, you oversee and document the receiving of packages, parcels, and supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare items for shipping. This is a position that requires a highly organized personality. You must pay close attention to small details while managing the logistics of a high volume of items entering and leaving the facility. You must be able to lift up to fifty pounds unaided and be able to bend, crouch, and lift items throughout your shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare items for shipping, noting item contents, delivery methods, and other logistical details
- Identify and resolve shipping, storage, or receiving discrepancies as they arise
- Record and place inventory all incoming parts, units, components and assemblies, then store in the appropriate area
- Accept and document packages and deliveries made to the facility
- Dispatch between customers, vendors and internal team
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory in an organized manner, rotating or shifting stock as needed
- Maintain a clearly organized workspace
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Forklift experience and certification
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Prior warehouse experience (preferred)
- Exceptional organizational skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.