Responsible for operating various MIG and TIG welding machines, including robotic MIG & TIG welder set-up, in support of the production process, and the quality of all pieces produced through the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate high quality and attention to detail and leadership in all job aspects, especially more complex work.
- Weld to or exceed rates outlined on operation card.
- Receive job assignments from the Scheduling Manager.
- Receive operating instructions from Fixture Maker.
- After receiving job assignments from the Scheduling Manager and operating instructions from a Fixture Maker, load the fixture, MIG weld, unload the fixture.
- Report non-conformances directly to Quality Control and stop operation.
- Alert Maintenance with any issues.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
- Scan for hours worked and operation counts.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- MIG and TIG welding training and certification.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.