Responsible for set-up of standard and more complex machines in support of the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set-up a variety of different machinery and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to diagnose and fix set-ups.
- Receive job assignments from the Scheduling Manager.
- After completing a safe and efficient set-up to a machine, train the operator how to: operate the machine safely, load the fixture, unload the fixture, manage the work space and organize the finished parts.
- Instruct operators how to inspect every 25th piece or cycle.
- Report non-conformances directly to Quality Control and stop operation.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
- Scan for hours worked and operation counts.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.