The Jig/Fixture Maker is responsible for designing, building, repairing and replacement of jigs and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designs and builds jigs.
- Designs and builds fixtures.
- Repairs or replaces jigs or fixtures.
- Submits raw material requisitions to Senior VP.
- Assists with Customer Design Requests, as required.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
- Scan for hours worked.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Five plus years experience in metal fabrication.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.