The Engineering Manager is responsible for the maintenance of both machinery and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes Preventive Maintenance Schedule and Plan.
- Plans and prepares for major machine retrofits or upgrades.
- Ensures that spare parts for machines are in stock.
- Maintains all building maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA regulations, maintenance and interpretation.
- Oversees all safety equipment and safety procedures.
- Provides guidance to set-up personnel for installation of safety devices.
- Inspects each set-up prior to running to ensure compliance.
- Checks efficiencies for ease of manufacturing and time and motion is efficiency at each station.
- Fixes minor efficiency rate problems and escalates major problems to Jig and Fixture Tool Makers.
- Participates in future planning and company strategic direction.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Seven plus years experience in a metal fabrication environment.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and is aware of updates as they become available.
- Possess the ability to train others on safety and OSHA topics.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.