The Customer Service Representative is responsible for supporting the sales team’s efforts, direct customer contact, maintaining positive relationships with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the sales team with vendor communications, quoting, order entry.
- Responsible for enhancing customer relationships through customer communications for both new and existing customers.
- Interface with all departments for effective communication from product quoting, order processing activities and finalizing sales.
- Provides order status and shipping information to customers.
- Process customer order changes.
- Process customer quotes.
- Tracks stock inventory and adjusts based on customer stock orders.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
- Scan for hours worked.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Possess and use exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Possess and use exceptional communication skills. Be able to communicate across the company with all levels of employees.
- Experience in the metal fabricating industry is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.